Zig Ziglar once said
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well neither does bathing, that’s why we recommend it daily.”
It’s important to continue to strive towards personal greatness, remember this is your unique journey.
The following are ten steps you can take in order to promote growth in your life!
- You need to re-think your current lifestyle. Challenge yourself to think in new ways. Ask yourself what is really important to you. Next, ask yourself to evaluate what you are sacrificing in order to keep up with the daily tasks you accomplish. If those tasks make you happy, then you are less likely to need change. If you would like to spend more time with family or friends, then changes in your calendar might encourage personal and professional growth.
- You need to recognize that growth is a process. You need to actually set aside time to research different areas for personal growth. Once you have decided what you enjoy doing, spend time doing what you really want to do.
- You should eliminate the areas in your life that are your non-essentials. So often we focus on our “must do’s” rather than our “want to do’s.” Find more time in your day to key in on activities that encourage growth.
- You need to have an open-mind. Your true gifts may be hidden beneath your daily tasks. Try not to stay on a safe path and explore the unknown. You may find that taking risks enables you to find more gratifying talents.
- Once you have decided what your new passion is, personally and professionally, don’t let distractions take your energy away from the new tasks necessary to achieve your new goal.
- Keep your mind open to new concepts and ideas. Let your creativity help you visualize a new future. This new future has been created by you… for you.
- Be aware of the core values that motivate you. Make sure that your life is in sync with your values and priorities. If they are not, growth is a necessity.
- Don’t forget to always expand your knowledge. You should try to expand your options. For personal and professional growth, you need to commit to ongoing learning.
- Until you try to make steps towards personal or professional growth, you won’t know if the timing is right. Embrace trial and error. When the timing is right, you will experience new found growth.
- Try to get opinions from others your respect. Tap into your network – family, friends and colleagues. These individuals may be able to provide you feedback, advice and overall support. As you benefit from the input of others, you may also find that you’re helping someone else along the way.
Transition Staffing Group (TSG) is an award winning recruiting agency with our corporate office located in beautiful San Diego. We focus on placing accounting and finance professionals on a temporary, temporary to hire and direct hire basis. From Accounts Payable to CFO’s, we are the solution for thousands of professionals. Through our affiliate network, we have offices in 45+ metropolitan areas, staffed by over 200 specialized Accounting, Finance and IT recruiters. TSG offers a national reach, with local job market expertise. Give us a call and experience the service that has prompted hundreds of positive testimonials